The notifications support is not bundled into the Argo CD itself. Instead of reinventing the wheel and implementing opinionated notifications system Argo CD leverages integrations with the third-party notification system. Following integrations are recommended:
- To monitor Argo CD performance or health state of managed applications use Prometheus Metrics in combination with Grafana, Alertmanager.
- To notify the end-users of Argo CD about events like application upgrades, user errors in application definition, etc use one of the following projects:
- ArgoCD Notifications - Argo CD specific notification system that continuously monitors Argo CD applications and aims to integrate with various notification services such as Slack, SMTP, Telegram, Discord, etc.
- Argo Kube Notifier - generic Kubernetes resource controller that allows monitoring any Kubernetes resource and sends a notification when the configured rule is met.
- Kube Watch - a Kubernetes watcher that could publishes notification to Slack/hipchat/mattermost/flock channels. It watches the cluster for resource changes and notifies them through webhooks.