What is Argo Workflows?¶
Argo Workflows is an open source container-native workflow engine for orchestrating parallel jobs on Kubernetes. Argo Workflows is implemented as a Kubernetes CRD (Custom Resource Definition).
- Define workflows where each step in the workflow is a container.
- Model multi-step workflows as a sequence of tasks or capture the dependencies between tasks using a directed acyclic graph (DAG).
- Easily run compute intensive jobs for machine learning or data processing in a fraction of the time using Argo Workflows on Kubernetes.
- Run CI/CD pipelines natively on Kubernetes without configuring complex software development products.
Argo is a Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) hosted project.
Why Argo Workflows?¶
- Designed from the ground up for containers without the overhead and limitations of legacy VM and server-based environments.
- Cloud agnostic and can run on any Kubernetes cluster.
- Easily orchestrate highly parallel jobs on Kubernetes.
- Argo Workflows puts a cloud-scale supercomputer at your fingertips!
For set-up information and running your first Workflows, please see our Getting Started guide.
For detailed examples about what Argo can do, please see our documentation by example page.
For a full list of all the fields available in for use in Argo, and a link to examples where each is used, please see Argo Fields.