Docs help our customers understand how to use workflows and fix their own problems.
Doc changes are checked for spelling, broken links, and lint issues by CI. To check locally, run
- Explain when you would want to use a feature.
- Provide working examples.
- Format code using back-ticks to avoid it being reported as a spelling error.
- Prefer 1 sentence per line of markdown
- Follow the recommendations in the official Kubernetes Documentation Style Guide.
To test/run locally:
Use a service like Grammarly to check your grammar.
Having your computer read text out loud is a way to catch problems, e.g.:
- Word substitutions (i.e. the wrong word is used, but spelled. correctly).
- Sentences that do not read correctly will sound wrong.
On Mac, to set-up:
- Go to
System Preferences / Accessibility / Spoken Content.
- Choose a System Voice (I like
Siri Voice 1).
To hear text, select the text you want to hear, then press option+escape.