Please read Kubernetes concepts first.
- Workflow: a Kubernetes resource defining the execution of one or more template. Workflows are named.
- Template: a step, steps or dag.
- Step: a single step of a workflow, typically run a container based on inputs and capture the outputs.
- Steps: a list of steps
- Entrypoint: the first step to execute when running a workflow
- Node: a step
- Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG): a set of steps (nodes) and the dependencies (edges) between them.
- Workflow Template: a Kubernetes resource defining a reusable workflow for a namespace
- Cluster Workflow Template: a Kubernetes resource defining a reusable workflow for a cluster
- Inputs: parameters and artifacts passed to the step,
- Outputs: parameters and artifacts outputed by a step
- Parameters: objects, strings, booleans, arrays
- Artifacts: files saved by a container
- Artifact Repository: a place where artifacts are stored
- Executor: the method to execute a container, e.g. Docker, PNS (learn more)
- Workflow Service Account: the service account that a workflow is executed as (learn more)