Argo Events Documentation
Why Argo Events?
- Containers. Designed from the ground-up as Kubernetes-native.
- Extremely lightweight. All gateways, with exception of calendar based gateway, are event-driven, meaning there is no polling involved.
- Configurable. Configure gateways at runtime
- Extensible. Write custom gateways for any business use case in the language of your choice
- Scalability & Resilient.
- Simple or Complex dependencies. Manage everything from simple, linear, real-time dependencies to complex, multi-source batch job dependencies.
Argo Events is an open source event-based dependency manager for Kubernetes. The core concept of the project are
gatewayswhich are implemented as a Kubernetes-native Custom Resource Definition that either produce the events internally or process the events that originate from outside the gateway
sensorswhich are implemented as a Kubernetes-native Custom Resource Definition that define a set of dependencies (inputs) and actions (outputs). The sensor's actions will only be triggered after it's dependencies have been resolved.
- Define gateway to support business-level logic for producing events.
- Define multiple dependencies from a variety of sources
- Trigger messages and Kubernetes object creation after successful dependency resolution
- Trigger escalation after errors, or dependency constraint failures
- Build and manage a distributed, cross-team, event-driven architecture
- Easily leverage Kubernetes native APIs to monitor dependencies