What is Argo Workflows?
Argo Workflows is an open source container-native workflow engine for orchestrating parallel jobs on Kubernetes. Argo Workflows is implemented as a Kubernetes CRD.
- Define workflows where each step in the workflow is a container.
- Model multi-step workflows as a sequence of tasks or capture the dependencies between tasks using a graph (DAG).
- Easily run compute intensive jobs for machine learning or data processing in a fraction of the time using Argo Workflows on Kubernetes.
- Run CI/CD pipelines natively on Kubernetes without configuring complex software development products.
Why Argo Workflows?
- Designed from the ground up for containers without the overhead and limitations of legacy VM and server-based environments.
- Cloud agnostic and can run on any Kubernetes cluster.
- Easily orchestrate highly parallel jobs on Kubernetes.
- Argo Workflows puts a cloud-scale supercomputer at your fingertips!
- DAG or Steps based declaration of workflows
- Artifact support (S3, Artifactory, HTTP, Git, raw)
- Step level input & outputs (artifacts/parameters)
- Timeouts (step & workflow level)
- Retry (step & workflow level)
- Resubmit (memoized)
- Suspend & Resume
- K8s resource orchestration
- Exit Hooks (notifications, cleanup)
- Garbage collection of completed workflow
- Scheduling (affinity/tolerations/node selectors)
- Volumes (ephemeral/existing)
- Parallelism limits
- Daemoned steps
- DinD (docker-in-docker)
- Script steps