Argo Events - The Event-driven Workflow Automation Framework¶
What is Argo Events?¶
Argo Events is an event-driven workflow automation framework for Kubernetes which helps you trigger K8s objects, Argo Workflows, Serverless workloads, etc. on events from a variety of sources like webhooks, S3, schedules, messaging queues, gcp pubsub, sns, sqs, etc.
- Supports events from 20+ event sources.
- Ability to customize business-level constraint logic for workflow automation.
- Manage everything from simple, linear, real-time to complex, multi-source events.
- Supports Kubernetes Objects, Argo Workflow, AWS Lambda, Serverless, etc. as triggers.
- CloudEvents compliant.
Follow these instruction to set up Argo Events.
- Argo Workflows
- Standard K8s Objects
- HTTP Requests / Serverless Workloads (OpenFaas, Kubeless, KNative etc.)
- AWS Lambda
- NATS Messages
- Kafka Messages
- Slack Notifications
- Azure Event Hubs Messages
- Argo Rollouts
- Custom Trigger / Build Your Own Trigger
- Apache OpenWhisk
- Log Trigger
Argo Events supports 20+ event sources. The complete list of event sources is available here.
Who uses Argo Events?¶
Check the list to see who are officially using Argo Events. Please send a PR with your organization name if you are using Argo Events.
Community Blogs and Presentations¶
- Automation of Everything - How To Combine Argo Events, Workflows & Pipelines, CD, and Rollouts
- Argo Events - Event-Based Dependency Manager for Kubernetes
- Argo Events Deep-dive
- Automating Research Workflows at BlackRock
- Designing A Complete CI/CD Pipeline CI/CD Pipeline Using Argo Events, Workflows, and CD
- TGI Kubernetes with Joe Beda: CloudEvents and Argo Events