Argo Events - The Event-Based Dependency Manager for Kubernetes
What is Argo Events?
Argo Events is an open source event-based dependency manager for Kubernetes. The core concept of the project are
gatewayswhich are implemented as a Kubernetes-native Custom Resource Definition that either produce the events internally or process the events that originate from outside the gateways
sensorswhich are implemented as a Kubernetes-native Custom Resource Definition that define a set of dependencies and trigger actions.
- Define multiple dependencies from a variety of gateway sources
- Build custom gateways to support business-level constraint logic
- Trigger messages and Kubernetes object creation after successful dependency resolution
- Trigger escalation after errors, or dependency constraint failures
- Build and manage a distributed, cross-team, event-driven architecture
- Easily leverage Kubernetes-native APIs to monitor dependencies
Why Argo Events?
- Runtime agnostic. The first runtime and package agnostic event framework for Kubernetes.
- Containers. Designed from the ground-up as Kubernetes-native.
- Extremely lightweight. All gateways, with the exception of calendar-based gateways, are event-driven, meaning that there is no polling involved.
- Configurable. Configure gateways at runtime
- Scalable & Resilient.
- Simple or Complex dependencies. Manage everything from simple, linear, real-time dependencies to complex, multi-source, batch job dependencies.